How to Create a Piece of Custom Jewelry with Brave Daughters
Creating a one-of-a-kind piece of jewelry that is tailored to your taste and style is an authentic and personal way to express your magic. At Brave Daughters we offer both custom and traditional pieces. With custom jewelry, we work with you to create a unique piece that is sure to harness your personal energy and power.
If you’re thinking about having a piece of jewelry custom made, we can work with you to design a ring, bracelet, or necklace that feels both inspired by us and uniquely you. Once the design is finalized, we'll create a “mock-up” so that you can envision what it will look like before it’s made. This is a great opportunity to make sure that the piece is in alignment with you.
Once you're harmonized with the design, our jeweler will begin creating your custom piece, working with ethical sourced materials and one of our many women-owned suppliers. Depending on the complexity of the design, this process can take 4-8 weeks. Once the piece is finished, you’ll have a one-of-a-kind bracelet, ring, earring, or necklace that is truly unique to you.
How the custom jewelry design process works:
- Custom jewelry design is the creation of a piece of jewelry that is specifically tailored to you.
- You'll choose the materials, gemstones, and design of the piece.
- Bespoke jewelry is a great way to harness your personal energy while also creating a one-of-a-kind piece.
- The first step in creating a personalized piece is coming into one of our Brave Daughter's locations in Providence or Boston's Seaport.
- From there, you and the jeweler will work together to come up with a design.
- Your jeweler will create a model or "mock-up" of the piece for you to see.
- You can make changes along the way if needed.
- Once you're happy with the design, the jeweler will begin creating your custom piece, working with our ethically sourced suppliers and eco-friendly materials.
- The process can take 4-8 weeks.
- When it's finished, you'll have a wearable, handmade, one-of-a-kind piece of custom jewelry.
How long does custom jewelry take?
We'll work with you, either in-person or virtually, to create your one-of-a-kind wearable art that expresses your individual style. Unique and unexpected pieces are our specialty and getting it right is generally the most time-consuming part of the process. We'll start with a design consultation, where we'll discuss your vision and sketch some initial concepts. Then we'll get to work on your unique design options.
We'll then share sketches we’ve created based on your inspiration and budget. Here we can make any changes you feel the piece may need. We'll then build a technical drawing of your confirmed design and request final pricing from our caster.
Depending on the complexity of the design, you may expect your unique piece to be ready to add to your jewelry collection in around four to eight weeks, unless otherwise discussed.
Cost of Custom Jewelry
Bespoke fine jewelry pieces that are handmade can be more expensive than our standard whenever jewelry, depending on the type of customization and the quality of the piece. For example, you may choose a gemstone that needs to be sourced or decide to use an heirloom stone or repurposed a vintage piece. Personalized modifications will require more work to be done. We are also committed to ethical and responsible production practices when producing our work.
Why Buy Custom Jewelry?
Owning a one-of-a-kind piece of fine jewelry that is custom-made can draw from your personal power. It can reveal a deeper truth about your spirit, or it can show your flare. It also can make a thoughtful anniversary gift, a way of celebrating a significant momentous occasion, or just simply be a piece of art that speaks your truth. When you work with Brave Daughters you'll have an exclusive piece, made from hand-cut gemstones and unexpected combinations of metals and materials. A stylish handmade piece infused with your magic that perfectly aligns your spirit and grace.
Define Your Union With Us
We offer custom fine jewelry, engagement ring and wedding band design and production to local couples, single humans and beyond. Reach out to start a conversation about creating your bespoke jewels.